Dancing Queerly 2018
Dancing Queerly performance opportunity
- The performance is on June 22 and 23 (dress rehearsal afternoon of 22 before program), link to program here
- Tech rehearsal June 21 (afternoon or evening)
- Performance is an opening act: Chris in drag (Miss Diagnosis), with Sassy Hiphop community as dancers.
- Part of the purpose is to provide opportunities for Sassy Hiphop students to perform. Chris can invite as many students to participate as dancers as long as they participate in Chris’ internal screening process regardless of dance background - Last student performance involved 19 dancers. If dancers want to watch the rest of the show after the performance, a discounted rate will be provided.
- (Note: Chris’ screening requires attendance to 5 out of 8 rehearsals + all 8 classes + 6 clinics = 26 hours of practice)
- Performance will be at maximum 5 minutes from entrance to exit. Song would be a mashup of: (song choices can change to avoid duplication with other performers)
- (#1) Todrick Hall’s Dem Beats [link],
- (#2) Meghan Trainor’s No Excuses [tentative],
- (#3) Let’s have a kiki,
- (#4) a Britney / Christina song TBD.
There will be no audition process. Everyone who wants to perform, can attend classes and practice sessions will be included and put on stage.
- Available for BOTH days of performance (June 22 & 23), if possible, attend tech rehearsal
- Attend 5 OUT OF 8 regular Sassy Hiphop dance class on Wednesdays, 8:30pm
- April 4,11,25, May 2,9,16,23,30 – regular prices apply
- Attend ALL 8 hours of rehearsal, on Tuesdays 7-8pm at Studio@550
- May 1,8,15,22,29,June 5,12,19
- Attend clinic/repeat sessions as needed, Sundays 12-1p at Studio@550
- May 6,13,20,27 for song #1,2,3,4
- For select individuals [TBA end-May]: MUST attend all additional clinic sessions
- Sundays, Jun 10&17, 12-1p at Studio@550
One-time cost to cover the additional 8 rehearsals and 6 clinic sessions:
- $59 (venmo to @csuharlim by Wednesday, Apr 25)
- If this is a sizable economic burden to you, please note so in the interest form, and we can work something out